- 1/2 packet of Provita’s or other savoury biscuits you have in the cupboard
- 3 generous tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Dash of mixed or Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 200ml milk
- 200ml cream or creme freche
- 1 generous handful finely chopped parsley
- 1 tin salmon (approx 420g) drained and roughly cut up
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 5 ml Italian or mixed herbs
- 30 ml chutney
- 10 ml Dijon mustard
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of paprika
- 3- 5 ml nutmeg
This is what you do
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic kitchen bag until fine (my 1L olive oil bottle works).
- Melt the crust’s butter until liquid.
- Mix and compress the butter, biscuits, salt & pepper and herbs in the base of a medium sized pie dish.
- Oven on 180 Degrees Celsius. Fry the onion until brown. Add butter and flour until it forms a paste.
- Add the milk and cream and stir with a balloon whisk on medium heat until the mixture becomes thicker.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix except the eggs a little bit of cheese.
- Gently add the eggs so that they don’t solidify and mix thoroughly
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust and sprinkle the rest of the cheese and some herbs and paprika.
- Bake for 40 mins until the centre is baked
- Serve with bread rolls and a salad