I was doodling around on the internet yesterday when I found a recipe that triggered an idea. So last night, while my orange one was away (because he doesn’t like zucchini at all *sad face*) I decided to see what I have in the cupboard and whipped this up!
It’s so easy, I didn’t even take step by step photos (that, and my hands were too sticky).
The boring Stuff:
Preparation time: 30 mins
Makes one baking tray full of fingers
½ packet of Zucchini (6 – 8)
2ml Salt and pepper
2 ml Nutmeg
½ cup bread crumbs
½ cup sesame seeds
1 cup finely grated cheese
½ finely chopped de-pipped chilli (if you’re brave, I’m not!)
What to do
- Oven on 190⁰C
- Wash, trim and cut your zucchini’s in strips
- Whip the eggs with a fork in a breakfast bowl, add the salt, nutmeg and chilli
- In another bowl mix the cheese, bread crumbs and sesame seeds
- Dip a zucchini finger in egg and then in the dry mix and place on a prepared baking tray
- Repeat until you have no more naked zucchini’s left
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes
- Ta Da! Serve hot with a nice dipping sauce!
- Nom nom nom nom!
*If you’ve never heard of a zucchini it’s also called baby marrow or courgette.